If even a single word is misspelt in an editorial, it's very tempting to draw not so flattering conclusions about a publication:
- The editorial department is sloppy
- Proof readers/revise editors are incompetent
- Gatekeeping structures are weak
- A don't care attitude is prevalent
- Professionalism is not taken 'seriouly' I mean, seriously
- There's internal sabotage of the news product, and other allied payback schemes
Suffice it to say that a tiny spelling mistake can deliver a giant blow to the reputation and credibility of a newspaper!